This week I wrote one of the hardest things I’ve ever written, my dad’s eulogy. As I reflected on the incredible impact my dad had on my life and the many things he taught me, I discovered dad, through his example has left me with an incredibly powerful list of lessons for a well lived life.
Lessons for a well lived life:
- Embrace life.
- Enjoy what you do with those you love.
- Laugh often.
- Be tuned into the needs of others and don’t miss the opportunity to make a difference.
- Appreciate the people in your life.
- Say thank you and I’m sorry as appropriate.
- Be a life long learner.
- Spread joy.
- Always do your best.
- Pursue your passion.
- Be truly present where you are.
- Let your faith be your foundation.
- Never compromise your integrity.
- Always be compassionate.
- Mentor others and help them grow.
- Leave a rich legacy.
- Demonstrate your character by how you live.
- And never miss the opportunity to dance.
I hope these life lessons from my dad bless you too. How does the list resonate with you? Did you learn from your dad that you might add? I’d love to hear from you!
Oh, and if you’re lucky enough to have the chance – be sure to share with your dad how he has impacted you this Father’s Day. Make the most of that opportunity this June!
Me and my Dad – In Loving Memory
Subscribe for your free Intentional Living Goal Calendar and updates!
Join Susan's email list and receive your "My Intentional Living Goal Calendar" and recieve Susan's encouraging updates.